July 31, 2020
Good Afternoon Parents/Guardians,
I have a lot of information for you this afternoon;
1) Please visit our COVID-19 PAGE for the St. Ambrose Catholic School Reopening plan. On Monday at 6:00 pm, I will be hosting a Facebook Live session to answer questions. At Chromebook pickup, I mentioned to many of you that it would be Zoom, but we decided Facebook live will be a better platform to do this. We will follow up by sending a link for this Q/A session.
2) I am asking now for official commitments as to those that will begin the year on virtual learning. Please respond to this message or email me at email@example.com to confirm your child's placement in virtual learning. I am asking for these responses to be submitted by the end of the day on Monday Aug. 3. Remember that once you choose virtual learning your student will be locked into virtual learning for two weeks. At anytime you may move from in-person learning to virtual learning. If you plan on having your child attend school in-person, there is no need to respond.
3) Hopefully you have had the opportunity to help your student log in to their Chromebook and connect to their teacher's Google Classroom page. If you were unable to attend the Chromebook pick up days, please email me to make alternate arrangements.
By Sunday evening the teachers will have posted (on Google Classroom) a schedule for the voluntary virtual learning set to begin on Monday August 3. If you have not already done so please submit the technology agreement consent form at your earliest convenience. The technology Agreement/Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy, and the consent form/signature page, can be found on our ACADEMICS < TECHNOLOGY PAGE
If you are having difficulties connecting your student's device or any other technology related issues, please email our IT specialist, Steven Schienschang at
4) Mark your calendars for Sunday August 16. That day we will have a uniform resale and will conduct supplies drop off. The uniform resale will take place near the gym on that corner of the parking lot. We will also allow parents to bring in their student's school supplies. Please remember to wear a mask and come to the outer doors of your child's room. This will be the first opportunity for your child to enter their room using the outside door (this will be the daily procedure, see the reopening plan for more details). Staff will be on hand to direct you. The uniform resale and supply drop off will last from 11:00-1:30.
5) Lastly, thank you to SAPA (St. Ambrose Parent Association). SAPA contributed a significant amount of money to support the necessary technology improvements this summer. With the funds given (approximately $8,000) we were able to install new access points throughout the school, purchase new laptops for every teacher, purchase laptop roll carts to assist the teachers, purchase a new server to allow us to continue growing and expanding our network and also to purchase essential cables and adapters for each classroom.
I hope all of you and your families have a safe and healthy weekend.